Here is the summary of Pope Francis’s Motu Proprio “Traditionis Custodes” On the Use of the Roman Liturgy Prior to the Reform of 1970.
- Priests ordained after 16Jul21 who wish to celebrate the Old Rite should submit a formal request to the diocesan Bishop who shall consult the Apostolic See before granting this authorization.
- Priests who already celebrate according to the Missale Romanum of 1962 should request from the diocesan Bishop the authorization to continue to enjoy this faculty.
- Bishops should:
- Determine that these groups do not deny the New Rite
- Designate locations for Old Rite OUTSIDE the parochial churches and SHOULD NOT erect new parishes
- Establish the days on which the traditional rite are permitted with the readings proclaimed in the vernacular
- Appoint a priest who is skilled in the use of the 1962 Missal who possess a knowledge of the Latin language
- Not to authorize the establishment of new groups